Over 500 Distance Learning Courses to Help You
Learn A New Skill…Enjoy A Career Change…
Improve Your Current Prospects
Distance Learning Is The Proven Track To Take
Home study (distance learning) has always been popular but in today's busy world it is clearly the most effective, enjoyable and efficient way to learn. There is virtually no subject that isn't covered by our distance learning courses. But we have carefully scrutinised the most authoritative home study courses available, ensuring that they are accredited and offer both a good learning experience with enlightening content. This means that your precious investments of both money and time will be well worth it because whatever home study course you choose to take the rewards will be the same.
Rewards you can be certain of:
- Significantly increased knowledge
- New, empowering skills
- Greatly improved confidence
- A gratifying feeling of fulfilment
- A wide open door to new opportunity
Don't delay any longer, find that special course, call with confidence for full details and enrol into your new future today.
Distance learning is extremely effective but when you've enrolled you have to play your part, look at the article below for some tips and tricks to make that so enjoyable that distance learning will become a lifelong habit.
Click on your interest now to view the carefully chosen courses you can study
- Women's Health & Beauty
- Psychology, CBT & Counselling
- Management, Law & Security
- Childcare, Education & Teaching
- Complementary Therapy & Health
Home Study Courses – How to Enjoy Them and Succeed
Distance Learning - Let's Address the Money First
Any worthwhile further education is going to cost a reasonable amount of cash. The distance learning courses we recommend all invest heavily in:
- Ongoing intensive research to ensure that courses are accurate, relevant and informative
- Pedantic planning of how the content will be presented
- Skilful copywriting to convey the information
- Professional presentation that eases learning and stimulates pride
- Knowledgeable ongoing tutoring from experienced, friendly instructors
- Rigid and regular auditing to maintain excellent service
All of that costs money and has to be reflected in the course costs but rest assured that distance learning courses cost much less than the equivalent college courses especially when you take into account travelling expenses.
Most of the over 500 distance learning courses advertised have easy payment plans available, with payments spread over 8 to 12 months so you can learn whilst you earn and fit the course costs into your monthly budget. In many cases this monthly payment is less than just one meal out for two.
View the cost of your personal home study course as a genuine investment in your personal future and realise that home learning courses offer you the best value.
Distance Learning - Before You Even Get The Course Materials
It's good to prepare both yourself and those you share your life with for home study. There are no time limits, no fixed study hours a week and no lecturers will chase you for assignments. Now those are great advantages but can slowly become enemies of home study if you let them.
- Decide how many hours a week you can spend in home study
- Divide that into the course length (in hours) to see how many weeks it will take
- Add this to your start date plus say 3 weeks for unforeseen delays
- Compare the finish date to your desired finishing time
- If this is not OK re-do the exercise above until you are happy
Make sure you do this it will guarantee home study success
On a crisp sheet of A4 paper neatly write out why you are taking this course, what benefits you will receive from successfully completing it and the number of hours per week you have committed to this. Try writing this in the present tense. This will become a powerful, positive and encouraging mission statement and you should regularly read it and think about it. Store it carefully in the front of your first file and any subsequent ones.
- Tell your family and friends of your plans, desires and dreams, ask them to help by being understanding, helpful and cooperative
- Agree a quiet place where you can enjoy your chosen home study course, making sure you will have enough room, not too much comfort and as little noise as possible
Distance Learning - When the 1st module of your home arrives
This is the distance learning material that will unlock closed doors, enlighten your mind, challenge your thinking facilities and even set your enthusiasm on fire. Treat it like &pund;100 notes!
- Seat yourself in your quiet home study spot
- Create files to accommodate and protect all such modules
- Store lined paper with each module for notes
- Label the files in a way that everyone (including the dog!) knows not to touch or move
- Begin your journey of study by reading through the module for an overview
- Then take each sub-section at a time and read it slowly, absorbing the principles reading any supplementary material and contacting your tutor with anything you cannot understand. But don't hurry to do this try and grasp it yourself, whatever you work out for yourself will stick far more than what is explained to you
- Complete the assignment when you believe you have fully understood the module, send it off and wait for the comments that come back with the next module
- Take note from what has been said and correct any errors
Distance Learning – Staying Motivated
Your home study will be enjoyable if you stay motivated.
Four ways to do this:
- Frequently refer to your home study mission statement reminding yourself why you are doing it and what wonderful benefits will flow after its completion
- Remember employers fully appreciate what it takes to train and qualify form home learning courses, they will value much more because of your determination and efforts to succeed
- Dwell on the possibilities your distance learning training will open up to you
- Always look back to see how far you have come and feed on that to get you flying past the finishing tape
Home study courses may become a way of life for you, if so; your life will be immeasurably enriched, new interests, new careers, new dreams – may they all be yours.
Distance Learning with Home Study Courses – Update Article
Home Study Courses - Introduction
What's the “home” in Home Study Courses?
For “home study” read “study anywhere you want” and that's the attraction. Go into any Starbucks near to a learning centre and you will find it packed with students armed with laptops writing, researching and enjoying the coffee. Now they probably do have a base within the college but their method of study has changed significantly with the rapid advance in technology. Distance learning has made an impact in all areas of education but has absolutely exploded in the sector now known as Home Study…
…because you really can home study where you want. Maybe a small quiet corner at home, maybe you have the luxury of your own room or the local coffee house enjoy your company on a regular basis as you “home study” with the assistance of a ready supply of the “black stuff”.
…because the above flexibility re where you home study extends to when you home study. The schedule is in your own hands, the pace is yours to set. There is no set enrolment date with most distance learning courses nor is there a set date by which time you have to finish your home study course.
…because in most distance learning courses your are supported by a personal tutor on a one-to-one basis. Compare this advantage of home study to a traditional college education where you share the lecturer with many others and you will see the big advantage of home learning courses.
…because normally there are no other qualifications required to enrol on home learning courses and you only study the subject you want to study. With distance learning courses you are not bogged down with other subjects put in there just to fill out the syllabus.
There are many other benefits to utilising home study courses that also account for the massive increase in distance learning but…
Distance Learning - How did it all begin?
In its simplest form distance learning is as old as mankind itself. The Bible tells us that Moses delivered the Ten Commandments from Jehovah to the nation of Israel because they would die if He were to talk directly to them. Divine distance learning followed in many other ways too. Educational scrolls travelled from their originators to the desired recipients for them to take part in an ancient form of home study.
The invention of the printing press made this form of home study more accessible but it was the provision of a secure mail service that started and fuelled the commercial form of distance learning. Correspondence courses (an early name for home study courses) began as early as 1728 when an advert appeared in the Boston Gazette offering home study courses for a new method of shorthand.
This was followed by other distance learning courses to be offered and delivered through lessons posted out regularly to the home learning courses students.
Distance Learning – Modern Day Developments
The Open University – A Forerunner of Home Study Courses
Remember the launch of Open University in 1969? Well maybe not but for you youngsters out there enjoy this YouTube clip.
Initially the OU offered distance learning courses using the TV channels at non prime times (often in the middle of the night) that students would record and then use for home study. These would be supported by printed packs sent out via the post and summer schools where students would enjoy the “campus life” for a couple of weeks as they came face to face with their tutors.
Since then the OU has developed as fast a technology into a world wide opportunity for students of any age to enjoy and benefit from home learning courses.
Home Study Colleges – Specialising in Home Study Courses
For many years now Home study Colleges have been offering hundreds if not thousands of home study courses to people of varied backgrounds and age. Some of the distance learning colleges specialize in specific genres of home learning courses whilst others offer a full range of home learning courses.
Most Distance learning colleges support their home learning courses with tutors and offer easy payment plans making home study in this 21st century a training pleasure with many benefits.
Qualifications from Home Study Courses – The Benefits
As a supplier of home study courses we often get asked…
“Are the qualifications from accredited home study courses or accredited distance learning courses looked upon as being as good as qualifications from more traditional educational training?
The answer to that is an almighty YES!
Why can we say that qualifications from home study courses or distance learning courses are as good as those from college based courses?
…because the accreditation process of distance learning courses guarantees:
- the relevance of the home study content
- the accuracy of the home study content
- the high standard of the home study presentation
- the method of teaching and assessment for home study courses
…because the home learning courses are extremely specific to the subject being studied so they know the training gained will be extremely concentrated and focussed on the job in hand.
…because employers appreciate not only your accredited qualification but the determination and persistence you have shown in finishing your home study course and attaining the qualification. This is a strong indication that those same qualities will be used in behalf of the business.
…because there is an official comparison of learning levels between the vocational distance learning diplomas, NVQs and the traditional college qualifications. Therefore the true level of home learning qualifications is known to all with no confusion.
Distance Learning Courses – In Conclusion
There can be no better way to:
- enjoy further education
- increase your knowledge
- boost your self esteem
- get more confidence
- better your prospects
…than choosing an appropriate course from our long list of home learning courses.
- being challenged
- being exhilarated
- being enlightened
…by what you learn.
Home study courses, distance learning courses call them what you will, they're here to stay.
The big question is - Are you going to benefit from them?
It's time to
INVEST in YOURSELF
the cost is so small
compared to the
This website is secured with SSL
Thank you to my tutor who was very friendly and gave me very informative comments on all assignments submitted. I found the course contents very informative and interesting. I found the whole experience efficient. I succeeded beyond my expectations and fell confident in my future as an Aromatherapist. — G.R.